Salary: 60K-75K DOE
Date Posted: March 16, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 289590
Production Planner & Scheduler - Supervisor
The Production Planner/Scheduler reports to the Materials Manager and has a direct working relationship with plant management and supervisory team. The environment is results-oriented and fast paced with rapid growth and changing needs. The warehouse environment is a seven-day per week operation involving the movement, storage, and shipment of dry, refrigerated and frozen products.
- Maintains proper inventory levels of Finished Goods Inventory.
- Optimizes production planning in an environment that demands constant changes in shipping requirements and ensuring the availability of finished goods upon customers’ demand
- Measures performance by level of customer service issues, inventory accuracy, availability of finished goods.
- Partner with cheese/processing production department to best determine blending/scheduling of products, to maximize profitability and ease of product transitions Demonstrate leadership in the Warehouse Department by implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity and motivation
- Provide positive coaching and mentoring experiences for department personnel
- Integrate Quality into all aspects of the warehouse function by encouraging continuous improvement, teamwork and distinguished customer service
- 3-5 years working experience in a manufacturing environment
- SAP and Microsoft Excel experience
- Technical expertise, knowledge, and understanding of computerized inventory principles, materials management, production management, transportation, OSHA regulations and customer service needs
- Prior cheese and/or dairy foods manufacturing experience
- Strong leadership with demonstrated skills and ability to coach and develop others.
- Experience and ability to manage continuous improvement processes such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
- Knowledge of safety and sanitary design principles, as well as, procurement and contracting skills
- Proficient computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to individuals at all levels within the company.
- Ability to influence upward, laterally, and down without any direct line authority.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to determine the root cause of issues that arise, using skills of investigation, organizing thoughts and conclusions, and presenting these solutions to others.
- Ability to deal with and understand different cultures.
If interested in the position, please apply with your detailed resume to be considered.
Compensation: 60-75K DOE
3741 S Mooney Blvd
Visalia, CA 93277