Date Posted: January 2, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 290198
Payroll - Team Lead
The Payroll Team Lead will review every payroll to ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately. Will serve as first contact for any processing questions or system issues. Performs all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Payroll Team Lead will lead and train the payroll team with payroll processing and troubleshooting issues on a daily basis.
- Process all special payroll runs independently (benefit refund files, off-cycle commission and bonus payrolls, settlement payments).
- Approves and releases on cycle payroll and manual off-cycle check payments (reviews, completes, and settles payments).
- Acts as lead for special projects as assigned by Manager/Director, ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Provide backup coverage for payroll processing due to high processing volume and/or PTO schedules.
- Work with Metroplex Mail on deposit file interfaces and special mailings
- Point of contact for ComData (Payroll Debit Card provider); load payroll debit cards.
- Works with Corporate Accounting to research Unclaimed Wages.
- Responsible for accurate taxation of relocation expenses and gift/award amounts.
- Creates payment schedules in accordance with company severance agreements.
- Escalate potential service issues to Payroll Manager
- Other duties as assigned (will include, but not limited to, approving office supply orders, ordering envelopes, and logging copier print counts).
- Maintains high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct and HIPAA.
- Maintains a commitment to the values and mission of the company.
- Minimum of 5 years of automated payroll experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of fast paced customer experience
- Experience with in-house payroll systems. Workday experience preferred.
- Previous leadership and project experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent training and education
- Excellent interpersonal/listening skills.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers from assistants to Sr. Executives.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action.
- Ability to train and work with other employees