Date Posted: March 29, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 291299
Accounting Clerk / Receptionist
Fowler food processing and distribution company is seeking an eager-to-learn individual for their reception desk that can also assist with grower accounting tasks during the harvest season.
This position will support a commodity receiving location with crop activity and grower payments by providing oversight for the grower payment process and ensuring all grower activity is properly recorded. This position will provide support as needed to the receiving business units.
- Ideal candidate will be very outgoing and friendly, have a sense of urgency, coachable, hands-on and be a team player willing to jump in where needed without being asked.
- Must have knowledge of GAAP, understand business processes and supply chain systems
- Has deductive reasoning skills to evaluate accounting/finance outcomes back to system process
- Strong analytical capability
- Accounting experience in agriculture, food processing or other consumer product industry preferred
- Accounting degree preferred
- Experience with Data Tech software a plus, but willing to train
Other job duties will include the following but not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Greeting customers and walk in traffic
- Weighing trucks
- Data entry
Pay is $15-17 hourly based on experience
The front office hours vary from 8:00am - 5:00pm to 7:00am - 6:00pm. The hours are staggered amongst the staff to ensure everyone receives 40 hours a week.
There could be some Saturday/Sunday work days during peak deliveries, especially during harvest season August-December.
Dress code is business casual – no jeans