Date Posted: January 16, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 291328
We have a Client in Fremont that is looking for candidates for their distribution center, who are excited to work in a fast paced environment and want to be part of a fast growing home company. WOW Factor: Employees First
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Distribution Center Administrative Clerk will be responsible for most aspects of inbound freight activities and the receiving process for the Fremont Distribution Center. The primary objectives are, maintaining accurate receiving records/practices and exceeding internal/external customer expectations.
- Compares identifying information and counts or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Examines records such as test reports, computer printouts, bills of lading, and related documents and correspondence, and converses or corresponds with customer and other company personnel such as billing, credit, sales, service, or shipping, to obtain facts regarding customer inquiries.
- Keys information into computer to obtain computerized records.
- Investigates overdue and damaged shipments or shortages in shipments for common carrier.
- Follows safety procedures, uses equipment and materials properly and encourages team members to use safe behaviors
- Reports unsafe actions and conditions and maintains a clean work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Must be able to work independently on assigned tasks
- Communicates and/or coordinates information with various individuals and/or departments.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities a must
- Must have working knowledge of PCs, word processing, and spreadsheet software
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience.
- Ability to read/write and interpret documents.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas.
- Working knowledge of computerized applications (word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, email).
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full-Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
warehouse clerk, administrative assistant, warehouse administration, warehouse, warehouse administrator, WMS, warehouse management system, forklift, ship, receive, shipping, receiving, mechanical systems, inventory, inventory control, heavy lifting, logistics software, inventory based software, loading, unloading, PO system, malt house, warehouse coordinator, Word, Excel, order picker, cycle counting, order puller