Salary: $47,000 -$55,000 annually
Date Posted: December 6, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 291458
Machine Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the performance, preventative, and predictive maintenance of all machinery, equipment, tooling, light fabrication, and facilities infrastructure. The candidate must have exceptional skills at installation, troubleshooting and repair of molding machines. Proven aptitude in hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical maintenance is required to minimize downtime.
A successful candidate for this position will have a strong emphasis on the installation, troubleshooting, and repairing of blow molding and injection molding machines, in addition to proven hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical aptitude.
- Deliver emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production to and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment
- Troubleshoot plant equipment issues and identify the cause of equipment malfunctions in accordance with diagrams, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s equipment specifications.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments, and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Maintain machines, equipment, tools, and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Maintaining accurate history of preventative and predictive maintenance work performed.
- Perform mold set-ups and color changes on assigned machines.
- Follows lockout / tag-out procedures and all other safety rules.
- Observe all OSHA and facility safety rules and regulations and identify and address safety issues on the manufacturing floor.
- Implement continuous improvement program and implement actions to eliminate causes for material and labor variances.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in written form to both technical and non-technical audiences
- At least 5 years of experience as a maintenance technician preferably working with plastic manufacturing methods of blow and injection molding along with auxiliary equipment such as grinders / granulators, material feeders, color mixers / feeders, robots, and chilling systems.
- Experience reading engineering/electrical/schematic drawings.
- Strong hydraulics skills and experience.
- Working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Welding, lathe, and milling experience a plus.
- A demonstrated “hands-on” approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude, outstanding leadership, and attention to detail.
- Good analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
Pay : $45,000-$60,000 annually
If you meet the requirements, please apply now!
Email us @ LACulverCityAP@pridestaff.com or call us @ (310) 398-7900