San Diego, CA
Date Posted: January 18, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 291558
Our client offers a culture that has been created by the people who work there, making a fast-paced, friendly, and enjoyable workplace with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a flexible-shift 9/80 work schedule which gives employees every other Friday off.
Repair Technician II – Component Level
Under general supervision, performs diagnostics in order to repair, rework, replace or upgrade returned products in accordance with our client’s customer service policies and procedures. These products include PCB assemblies, PICMG boards, and computer modules. Repair boards to component level.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs customer support activities for computer boards & peripherals. Strives to meet standard warranty repair turn time of 20 business days.
- Perform though-hole and SMT rework, including fine-pitch SMT on boards and modules.
- Using wiring block diagrams, assembly drawing, schematics, and bills of material to perform repair and upgrade functions. Replace SMT components & IC’s using soldering tools.
- Uses advanced knowledge of hardware & software to repair complex issues for boards and modules.
- Ensure all departmental and companywide processes and procedures are followed in accordance with our ISO documentation.
- Evaluates products and processes for quality and efficiency, and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Interacts work with Technical Support / Engineering to solve complex customer issues, or during development of new product.
- Understand and utilize the ERP system for order maintenance, problem solving and information extraction. Enter repair activity in a timely manner, follow guidelines to repair & ship products.
- Maintain accurate data in ERP system for customer, quality, and inventory management purposes.
- Follows and executes Special Repair Instructions as documented in the ERP system (Flash Messages).
- Creates ECRs & CARs on behalf of Technical Services.
- Perform soldering functions per IPC 610 rework standards to repair / rework PC boards. Identify & properly rework RoHS & non-RoHS assemblies.
- Creates repair estimates for out of warranty boards, and interacts with customer service to obtain a purchase order.
- Interacts directly with the customer to verify the reported problems.
Requirements & Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) in Electronics or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in PC (computer) repair, architecture, electronics and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate ability to solder surface mount components (RoHS & non-RoHS to IPC standards) is required.
- Use wiring block diagrams, assembly drawing, schematics.
- Perform though-hole, SMT, and fine pitch rework using IPC 610 rework standards.
- Thorough use of electronic theory / test equipment. Basic machine tools to efficiently test, repair, and validate boards.
- Thorough use of oscilloscope, frequency analyzer, frequency generator, logic analyzer.
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Strong familiarity with Windows OS.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills.
- Effectively interact with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to Multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Occasional travel.
This is a temp to hire opportunity!