Salary: $12.50/hr to $15.00/hr
Date Posted: December 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 291888
PrideStaff Portland is a member of a national staffing company that has been helping job seekers find meaningful and fulfilling work in their desired field since 1978. With branches across the U.S., our locally-owned and operated offices are plugged into the community. Our recruiters are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with leading employers.
PrideStaff is recognized both locally and nationally as a leader in Staffing. For the last 7 years PrideStaff has been awarded the Best of Staffing award by both our valued and talented associates as well as by our Clients. Come in and see the PrideStaff difference for yourself!
At PrideStaff we provide Healthcare Insurance and pay for Sick time per the Oregon State Law!
Performs basic hand or machine tasks in support of the manufacture and finishing of parts. Follows departmental procedures to successfully and safely complete these tasks.
- Operates assigned machines and/or performs assigned production processes.
- Maintains a safe, clean and uncluttered work area; removes metal chips from machines resulting from cutting processes.
- Performs basic visual inspection to identify obvious cosmetic flaws as well as verifying part compliance against predetermined quality guides or standards by using simple go/no-go gauges, calipers, micrometers, plug gauges, thread gauges, and height gauges.
- Loads and unloads assigned machines; prepares raw materials, follows loading procedures, removes parts from machine, washes and deburrs as necessary, stacks in designated baskets or boxes and delivers completed parts to the next operation.
- Observes machine operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction, reports problems to Lead person or Set-up Personnel.
- Assembles main tubes by using adhesive, tightening and cleaning equipment with assistance from trained operator.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Maintains a safe, Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic Math Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- More than 6 months experience in manufacturing and machine operation
Shift: Multiple Shifts available, depending on specific assignment
Pay Rate: $12.50 to $15.00/hr Depending on Experience and Qualifications