Date Posted: February 12, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 293762
E-Commerce Content Specialist
Our client is a leader in the jewelry field and has been around almost 90 years. Great opportunity for a variety of skill sets from Administration, Customer Service, Merchandising and Accounting to name a few. Their values are clear, " They Commit with Courage to build Trust with their guests. They strive to serve their guests with Integrity and a Passion for sharing in their special occasions." Corporate office environment includes an on site child care, on site cafe, health and wellness program, on site nail and hair salon, on site registered massage therapist and much more.
Responsible for the life cycle of products on company web stores. Work with several cross-functional teams to accomplish duties in the following areas: 1) timely publishing of descriptions to the web, 2) ensure integrity of product data on the web, 3) align with brand merchandising strategies and priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Preparing products for sale
- Writing and approving product names, descriptions and defining attributes.
- Writing search engine optimized product copy.
- Localizing product copy (if required).
- Creating product outfits / ensembles.
- Creating personalized jewelry layouts, feature tags and definitions.
- Assigning products to personalized jewelry templates.
- Managing creation of new personalized stone charts; coordinate upload of stone charts and linking of dynamic image chains.
- Review and coordinate with merchant team on items requiring inventory, images or sku grouping in order to go live.
- Uphold FTC jewelry industry guidelines and trademark regulations on the web stores; collaborating with Sourcing and Legal when necessary.
- Maintaining Storefront Navigation
- Associate products with site navigation.
- Create and populate Global Categories.
- Assign keyword search terms and jewelry styles.
- Managing Site Content
- Managing product flow to site content / promotional calendar (off-line process)
- Managing and resolving product description and photo issues /problems.
- Audit website for pricing, copy and photography discrepancies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Strong organization skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written, oral, proof-reading and grammatical skills
- Ability to operate as mediator between groups
- Must have attention to detail and be very analytical
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree in Business, Marketing, Retailing, E-Commerce or related field or 3-5 years’ experience in E-Commerce or retail marketing department
- Strong computer experience; proficient in Excel, Word