Date Posted: January 17, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 294187
PrideStaff Financial has partnered with our Plano based client in search of a Senior Fixed Asset Accountant to join their growing team!
The accountant will be responsible for accurately recording all fixed assets, including the disposition, transfer, depreciation and amortization associated with such assets in accordance with company policy for an assigned portfolio of properties.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: posting journal entries, performing internal controls such as reviews and reconciliations, performing account analysis, and assisting with month-end fixed asset reporting.
Assist on monthly Financial Reporting & Analysis efforts including:
- Manage the Fixed Asset System insuring all assets have been added and confirm that the monthly depreciation is posted in a timely basis in Sage FAS.
- Handle disposal of assets.
- Monthly depreciation runs
- Capital expenditure reporting
- Work with AP to ensure that all FA invoices are booked correctly.
- Audit schedules
- Special Projects as assigned
- Preparation and analysis of monthly spending versus budget reporting
- Work with auditors on all fixed asset related items
- Standardization of fixed asset accounting processes and tools across the organization, promoting best practices within the finance/accounting functions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience;
- Must have strong overall computer skills with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Must have robust analytical and reporting abilities, as well as effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a high-volume team environment and meet deadlines