Salary: $85k to $120k D.o.E.
Date Posted: January 17, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 294339
Our client has been producing custom manufactured, superior quality elastomeric (rubber, thermoplastic, etc.) products for over 35 years. Their products can be found on Light Rail Systems on buildings in architectural seals, on semi-trucks in window seals, on cable jacketing in hospitals, and products in a variety of other industries.
They are currently seeking a qualified Sales Manager with a passion for winning and growing the business! Experience in the rubber molding and extrusion industry is highly desired, but not required. Please continue reading to learn more about the knowledge, skills, and abilities that our ideal candidate possesses.
The Sales Manager is responsible to ensure that the company achieves its objectives in new sales and ongoing business. This role has both direct sales responsibility for as well as management of the 3 member sales department; Sales Engineer, Customer Service and Inside Sales Associate. Day to day responsibilities will include ensuring your team members meet their objectives as well a working on your personal sales objectives. In the sales role, you will work to develop potential opportunities with new and existing clients. The business development cycles can be complex with multiple partners in large projects or simple product orders. Products are generally customized to the unique requirements of each client. In each case, it is the relationships developed and customer satisfaction delivered that lead to long term customers with repeat orders and growth.
- Utilize knowledge of available materials & processes to ascertain performance capabilities and produce potential proposals
- Leverage familiarization with customer business needs to maintain existing purchase order volume & solicit new orders
- Develop sales plans & forecast sales
- Meet company sales objectives and report sales performance & projections to management
- Actively manage customer, vendor, & internal staff/departmental relationships
- Perform supervisory functions - personnel, scheduling, requisitioning, etc.
- Assist with or produce formal quotes, re-quotes, & worksheets
- Comprehend sales-related paperwork & complete paperwork as assigned
- Develop & maintain knowledge of tooling resources and buy-out of service vendors & products
- Assist with documenting quotes & contract reviews
- Responsibility and authority for disposition of non-conforming product per QP10210
- Assist with R&D/new projects
- Able to travel in-state & out-of-state 25% of time.
Education, Training, & Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or engineering, or any other related degree
- Previous sales management & product execution experience required, 5+ years preferred
- Clear, concise, and persuasive communication skills
- Practical understanding of typical geometry formulas
- Knowledge of assessment techniques for examining, questioning, evaluating, & reporting sales
- Experience reading and interpreting technical & non-technical documents related to sales contracts
- Must be able to read basic Engineering Drawings for product development
- Experience with CAAD is desired
- Knowledge and understanding of basic engineering practices
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- English proficiency (read, speak, and write)
Compensation: $85k to $120k DoE and Qualifications
Relocation Expenses Package is available for out of state applicants