San Diego, CA
Date Posted: February 5, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 295326
We are currently seeking an Endpoint Support Specialist to join our team for a great client of ours here in San Diego. This position will be responsible for bridging communication, activities and knowledge between end user support and back end service, along with coordination of Endpoint service alignment and coordination. Customer focus and user satisfaction is of the utmost importance. This position will be located at the San Diego office and will report to the Endpoint Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Logs and tracks calls using Service Now (ticketing software), and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Interviews user to collect information about problems and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source or error.
- Determines whether problem is caused by hardware or software such as application, printer, cables, telephone, network, etc.
- Assist with setup create and maintain required network accounts in AD, ADSI, Exchange servers, etc.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to other technical staff or supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining hardware and software inventory, using Service Now CMDB and related processes, both in purchasing, deployment and decommissioning
- Coordinate broader scope tasks with the user community and Endpoint team
- Responsible for the imaging of machines for new or current users to company standard build, using related software and images. Review and provide inputs to needed updates to images.
- Support Audio/Visual and conference rooms, support hardware and network systems, phone, projector and video conference equipment.
- Ability to communicate any problems or issues, facilitate and track through an escalation process; work with peers to assist with resolutions.
- Work as primary escalation point for Endpoint Support team and work with Endpoint Admin, Endpoint Engineer and Endpoint manager on any additional escalation and coordination needs
- Provides status to management as requested.
- Responsible for writing and revising user instruction materials relevant to supported user base along with backend process documentation and instructions
- Handles project-oriented tasks for service related improvements, enhancements and changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or a related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the support of Client desktop environment, especially Microsoft desktop operation systems and applications suites in an Windows XP/7 environment.
- Must be ITIL certified.
- Installing and maintaining LAN/Desktop Hardware and Software systems including Windows 7, Office 2010 suite and multiple hardware platforms
- Ability to configure desktop and laptop computers to company standards, and performing minor to medium level repairs to computer hardware and peripherals.
- Working knowledge of imaging system software fundamentals
- Ability to organize and coordinate broader scope tasks that are assigned to the Endpoint team
Excellent communication skills, good organization, and customer service skills a must.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Microsoft training or certification MCSE, ISA experience and/or Cisco desirable