Salary: $14 - $15/HR
Date Posted: January 12, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 295429
PrideStaff is recruiting for a Patient Financial Specialist for one of the largest companies in Bend. The right candidate will have experience in health care, an eye for detail, and proficient computer skills. This position is a temporary position that can help get your foot in the door with our client! This is a full time position, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Job duties may include:
- Analyze insurance explanation of benefits and post payments and adjustments to patients accounts.
- Analyze and post patient and third party payments to patients accounts.
- Process and post credit card payments to patients accounts.
- Balance payment and adjustment batches and record batch information on the daily cash report.
- Retrieve, record and reconcile all payment tracking logs and electronic file logs established by following policies and procedures.
- Retrieve, analyze and post transactions from electronic payment files.
- Retrieve and print explanation of benefits from insurance carriers, third party vendors and third party websites.
- Analyze insurance explanation of benefits to verify accurate patient balance billing.
- Receive payment batches from hospital departments and physician offices and verify the tracking, balancing, reporting and deposit of payments collected at time of service.
- Research and reconcile PFS transactions to the unmatched bank reconciliation spreadsheet.
- Analyze and post payments and adjustments to the client billing system.
- Reconcile self-funded insurance transactions to the medical expense account.
- Deliver customer service in a manner that promotes goodwill and teamwork; timely, efficient and accurate.
- Other Duties as assigned
- At least 6 months of experience in health care, insurance, accounting or a similar field is required.
- Must be a team player and effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal.
- High level of comfort and proficiency with web-based software.
- Minimum typing speed of 45 WPM
- Extensive knowledge in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Adapt at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in a fast paced, quickly changing environment.
- High attention to detail and organization.
- Professional appearance is a must.
- Strong data entry skills.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
Confidentiality: This position will be handling confidential personal data and information that belongs to PrideStaff’s client.
Supervision: The employee will meet periodically as needed with their supervisor to go over pertinent goals and assignments. The employee does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Basic Working Conditions: The employee must have their own method of dependable transportation and work full time during normal business hours Monday through Friday. The employee must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. This position will be in an office environment. The employee will be required to have the ability to stoop, kneel and handle objects for filing and other duties assigned.