Date Posted: February 5, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 295623
Job Description – Medical Biller
PrideStaff Financial, a recruiting firm specializing in accounting and financial positions, is seeking a highly coordinated and efficient Medical Biller for a client. In this position, you will assist financial billing services with generating revenue by billing and making financial payment arrangements; collecting on accounts billed, monitoring and pursing delinquent accounts.
Job Responsibilities – Medical Biller
As a Medical Biller, you will collect on delinquent accounts by establishing a billing/payment arrangement with patients. Efficient follow-up on billing arrangements with patients when payment gaps take place.
Additional responsibilities for the Medical Biller include:
- Establish relations with collection agencies and small claims court for collections
- Proficient use of Client’s EMR Platform
- Use coded data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies for billing purposes
- Maintain medical bad-debt cost report by tracking billings
- Review and appeal unpaid and denied claims
- Verify patient insurance coverage
- Secure outstanding balance payments for hospital employees through payroll deductions
- Protect patient billing confidentiality
- Enhance billing department and hospital reputation
Job Requirements – Medical Biller
As the Medical Biller, you must be diligent and detail oriented. The Medical Biller must have a high level of critical thinking skills for our busy client.
Additional requirements of the Medical Biller include:
- Minimum of 2 years in Medical Biller role
- Graduate of an accredited high school
- Effective knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, coding and medical terminology
Compensation – Medical Biller
The chosen Medical Biller will receive an hourly pay based on experience and skillsets.