San Antonio, TX
Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 295873
Put your strong accounting skills to work and be an immediate contributor!
The Staff Accountant will support the Accounting Manager and the Accounting Department by posting cash receipts, preparing disbursements, preparing journal entries, performing general ledger account reconciliations and assisting with administrative duties for the company.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Posts cash receipts
- Processes weekly vendor disbursements
- Prepares journal entries to be posted to general ledger
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations
- Maintains the Fixed Asset schedule and ensures proper recording of new purchases and disposals
- Administrative duties as required for record keeping
- Must have min 4 years work experience in accounting
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in business (preferably accounting)
- Experience with corporate accounting software highly preferred, i.e. SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards
- Must have intermediate proficiency in MS Excel
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Position continually requires teamwork, demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Must be willing to submit to a thorough background check and drug screen
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration