Salary: $90K to $110K DOE
Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 296671
Quality Control Manager
Summary: Must have Bachelors Degree, minimum of 3 years of recent, relevant experience in a food, beverage or processing environment and have Food Safety and GMP Certifications and experience. apply to email@example.com
Client in Kingsburg/Selma is searching for a Quality Control Manager to join their team. Quality Control Manager under general supervision from the Laboratory Manager will have responsibility for all areas of the Quality Control Management system. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Supervise and maintain all company Quality programs such as GMPs, HACCP programs, Audits, Product Testing and Traceability
- Supervise, coach, and develop salaried and hourly staff focused on continuous improvement; train and develop personnel in test procedures to analyze components and physical properties of samples
- Supervise and maintain all Lab Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Quality Control Procedures, Lab Test Procedures, Product Specifications, Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and Lab Safety programs
- Develop ability to carry out all Lab functions during Lab Manager’s absence and vacation
- Supervise the analytical testing of all products, from raw material to finished product
- Supervise all phases of Laboratory functions – quality control, quality assurance, microbiology, food safety, product inventories, sample libraries, sample shipments, documentation and record keeping
- Perform routine laboratory analysis as needed
- Compile, analyze, and review test results to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions
- Oversee preparation of test solutions, compounds, reagents, and standardization and calibration of equipment for use by laboratory personnel in conducting tests
- Conduct basic research and development of products as needed
- Provide technical services and advice to other operating departments as needed
- Coordinate with managers, supervisors, and laboratory staff to resolve problems as needed
- Coordinate with Production Dept. in all areas and phases of processing
- Oversee quality assurance that all products have met company, customer, and regulatory standards and specifications
- Assist in investigations of quality control alerts and customer complaints
- Supervise and maintain Plant Pest Control program and Master Sanitation Program
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Demonstrate competency in problem-solving and decision making, excellent communication and leadership skills, motivation to achieve results, and the ability to motivate others
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraisal of performance; reward and discipline of employees
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the related field is required. Position requires a minimum of three years related experience in the Food, Beverage, Dairy and/or Wine Industry. Supervisory experience is required.
- Must have HACCP training and certification. Additional Food Safety experience is desirable, such as SQF, GFSI, and FSMA.
- Read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and
- government regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively communicate and respond to laboratory staff, managers, clients, and customers.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
90K - 100K DOE
If interested please apply with detailed resume.
Pridestaff 3741 S Mooney Blvd, Visalia, CA 93277