Date Posted: February 9, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 296860
Shop Foreman - Shop Supervisor - Manufacturing Supervisor
Client in the Kingsburg/Selma area is searching for a highly motivated, self-starter, hands-on to be a Production Foreman/Shop Foreman to join their team
Supervise the Assembly department. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities and easily adapt to changing situations with an understanding of Lean Manufacturing, ISO 9000, Six Sigma and 5S principles and the willingness to support and implement improvement efforts. Assists and reports to the Production Supervisor in meeting all customer orders within the assembly areas. Train and cross train employees along with the ability to perform any station on a fill-in-basis. Help promote and foster a safe work environment, promote lean culture and communicate core values.
- Train, assist and assign work to personnel
- Ensure that the production is maintained in accordance with the time schedules, quality standards and employee safety.
- Ability to resolve problems and perform troubleshooting.
- Interact and communicate effectively with various levels of professionals in the organization.
- Ability to directly set up and operate department equipment and perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Reports daily production
- Maintains required production records, reports and files.
- Notify supervisor of unusual operating and equipment problems
- Contributes to departmental goals and metrics.
- Remain current on technical developments related to company manufacturing operations and products and makes presentations on recommendations to improve production
- A foreman is expected to on the shop floor during regular production hours
- Maintains inventory of supplies, tools and component parts
- Supports 5-S and ISO 9001 initiatives.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by adhering to company’s procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a Foreman like position in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have clean DMV record
- Must be willing to submit to background check
- Must be willing to submit and pass a drug screen
Pay: Salary position DOE
If interested please apply with detailed resume to be considered
3741 S Mooney Blvd, Visalia, CA 93277