Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 per hour
Date Posted: February 5, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 296950
A Great Career Opportunity from Pridestaff San Diego
Opportunity: Quality Manager
Our client, a local aerospace machining and tooling company in the greater San Diego area is currently looking for a Quality Manager. This position will be responsible for leading the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Quality systems.
Required skills include: Minimum of 3 years of hands on Quality Experience in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment; experience/knowledge of Quality Systems and ISO requirements; and proven management and leadership skills.
Desired skills include: Prior Management/Leadership Experience, Experience with Training Development and Benchmarking; Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement.
Essential Functions: This is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities, and is not all inclusive.
- Design and prepare procedures to support Quality operations.
- Manage quality team by developing, training and motivating personnel.
- Develop and execute an annual quality plan for the location with measurable outcomes based on business and customer needs.
- Ensure that testing operations are performed within guidelines of customer and national accreditation requirements.
- Issue quality alerts to communicate customer feedback to the organization.
- Administer quality training to educate workforce on critical customer and industry requirements.
- Lead process improvement initiatives on testing methods, tooling and equipment to ensure adequate quality in our manufactured product.
- Management of external quality and special process audits assuring a high level of performance as exhibited by audit results. This includes preparation of necessary documentation to support customer base and the processing of ITAR forms
- Enhance and implement effective measurement on quality performance with specific focus on customer complaints and product consistency
- Manage and improve the non-conforming material review and control process
- Provide technical assistance to other support departments on Inspection procedures and operations.
- Able to use hand held measuring instruments as well as experience with automated testing systems.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine documentation. Ability to speak clearly and effectively with Managers, Supervisors and Coworkers.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
Willingness to learn company procedures and work in a team-oriented environment is a must!