San Diego, CA
Salary: $50-55 per hour
Date Posted: February 5, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297267
Visual Interaction Designer
As a Visual Interaction Designer, you will be a key member of the User Experience Design team, responsible for applying design thinking and user-centered methodologies to deliver an end-to-end user experience that meets user needs and solves user problems, in line with business goals. You will be primarily focused on designing the overall visual design, UI elements, layout, motion, and interactions of Company’s web and mobile (iOS and Android) products.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Rapidly design and iterate hi-fidelity mockups and prototypes based on user research, acknowledging technical feasibility
- Provide mockups and assets for multiple platforms, web and mobile (Android, iOS)
- Create animations to communicate interactions to engineering
- Develop user empathy and advocate for the user, understanding the user’s behavior, attitudes, and emotions
- Participate in design reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Collaborate effectively with user researchers, other designers, product management, engineering, front-end development, industrial designers, and Marketing Communications; collaborates with technical writers to ensure content is user-friendly
- Ensure consistent design patterns across HI products; maintain style guides
- Mentor junior designers.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum BA/BS in Graphic/Visual Design, Product Design, HCI/Cognitive Science, or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing responsive web products and mobile apps (Android and iOS) in an agile, fast-paced and collaborative environment alongside engineering and product management
- Fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, wireframing/prototyping tools (e.g. Axure, Invision, etc.) and animation software (e.g. AfterEffects)
- Experience creating hi-fidelity designs, prototypes, style guides.
- Solid understanding of core visual design and web principles (branding, responsive grids, hierarchy, typography, color theory, gestalt, etc.), user-centered design methodologies, animation and motion graphics design principles, web and mobile design patterns
- Effective problem-solver, communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Ability to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Proven track record in delivering delightful and easy-to-use products and services based on user needs, using research to validate design decisions
- Experience with the healthcare field and medical devices a plus.
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating visual design, responsive web design/ mobile app design, animated interactions
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may be considered
- Need to be fluent in iOS and Android language and have extensive experience with the mobile interface;
- Android Material Design AND iOS Human Interface Guidelines Soft skill required:
- Open to constructive criticism and feedback, open to others’ ideas
- Please include portfolios and/or work examples (weblink or PDF ok) when sending candidate resumes, will not be reviewed without them attached!
This is a Temp to hire opportunity!