Date Posted: January 29, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 297296
Controller – Accounting Manager
Job Description –Controller – Accounting Manager direct hire opportunity.
PrideStaff Financial, a national recruiting firm specializing in accounting and financial positions, is seeking a Controller/Accounting Manager. The Controller will participate in the management and reporting of financial affairs while providing leadership to the small accounting team and reporting directly to the President of the company. The Controller will be involved in all facets of accounting, financial reporting, planning and analysis for a construction company.
Job Responsibilities –Controller – Accounting Manager
The Controller will be held responsible for the timely and accurate completion of accounting activities.
Additional responsibilities for the Controller include:
- Prepare month-end and year-end financial statements
- Balancing sheet and account management
- Oversee AP and Payroll
- manufacturing experience preferred
- Developing and maintaining operational reports
- Communicate with CPA firm
- Preparing internal and external financial statements
- Job costing reports
- Bank reconciliations
- Also administer medical and 401k benefits along with prep 401k reports
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements –Controller – Accounting Manager
The Controller must have proven leadership skills. The position also requires excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. The Controller must also have strong analytical skills and extensive accounting knowledge.
Additional requirements of the Controller include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 7-10 years of accounting experience with 4-5 of those years in the construction industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a supervisory level
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- MBA, preferred
Compensation –Controller – Accounting Manager
The Controller will receive a salary based on experience, skillsets and accomplishment.