San Leandro, CA
Date Posted: February 13, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297509
Our client in San Leandro is currently searching for a qualified Warehouse Assistant for the Distribution Center! This is a temp-to-hire opportunity!
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
- Reads, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Fills requisitions, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and assists in purchasing warehouse supplies and repack containers.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and prepares orders for shipment by courier or LTL.
- Prepares shipping labels for couriers and LTL freight.
- Loads and unloads all truck orders. Ensures loads are secured in outbound trucks.
- Maintains weekly maintenance of forklift and engages repair service as needed.
- Marks materials with identifying information. Monitors expiration dates and rotates stock accordingly.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received.
- Weighs or counts products prior to receipt into inventory and records Lot numbers.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets to organize production of repacks or sample preparation.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
SHIFT: 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday (**Overtime Possible)