Date Posted: January 31, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 297697
PrideStaff Financial has partnered with our Roseville CA based client in search of a dynamic Financial Assistant (full time) to join their growing team!
This is a fast-paced environment that would be ideal for an accountant in a similar role looking to transition into management OR an experienced hands on bookkeeper who is proactive and able to work independently looking to make a change!
This position offers an opportunity to provide leadership to your direct reports in a FANTASTIC culture!
The ideal Finance Assistant:
- Is a solid book-keeper who is proactive and able to work independently.
- Must have at least 2/3 years working experience in accounting/finance in a similar role.
- Must be familiar with the US filing requirements
- Must have exposure to month end process in a previous finance/accounting role.
- You must be computer literate and have intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise – Essential
- Studying to be a certified accountant
As the Finance Assistant you will support the Financial Controller and be responsible for the following:
- Raise and email/post sales invoices and process RMAs in a timely manner (full Account Receivable function)
- Add new customers/suppliers to Ledgers, carry out bi-monthly payment runs and post supplier payments.
- Retrieving/download supplier invoices and process through QuickBooks (full Account Payable function)
- Keep Customers and Supplier account detail updates as and when required
- Reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis at the very least
- Handle all aspects of employee expenses, credit card transaction and processing these accurately and within the company policy
- Daily bank reconciliation, cash and banking across the company's multiple accounts in multi-currency
- Weekly credit control – this involves in sending out weekly statements to all customers, follow up with phone calls and ensure all customers adhere to the agreed credit terms
- Keep regular update of the customer’s credit lines and keep these up to date at all times.
- Report delinquent accounts to the credit insurer if and when instructed by the Financial Controller
- Perform all required statutory filing requirements to the California and other states as required.
- Prepare Monthly/Quarterly sales tax report for the IRS.
- Assist in the preparation the corporation tax computation and assist the local CPA at year end
- Balance Sheet control account reconciliations at month end
- Run month end process on Quickbooks
- Perform the semi-monthly payroll
- Administer the company 401K
- Administer the company healthcare policy
- Assist in the weekly cash flow forecast
- Run weekly margin reports for the Financial Controller
- Carry out filing on a regular basis to ensure that all reports/documents are filed
- Ad hoc financial reporting as required
- Provide financial training to other member of staff where required
- Any other duties as required by the Financial Controller or a member of the Management Team
- Accounts payable/general ledger work