Salary: $15-$19/HR DOE
Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297866
Property Manager - Community Manager - Apartment Manager
Client in the Tulare/Visalia is searching for a Community Manager to join their busy team. This is a temp to hire position.
Quick Summary: Property/Apartment Manager - HUD, Rural Development, Affordable Housing and Tax Credit experience, Minimum of 3-5 years of recent, relevant experience. Experience with M code preferred. Candidate would oversee 100+ units.
- All duties related to processing tenant applications: * Annually re-certify tenants as well as reinforcing lease, addendum's, house rules, etc.
- Review and prepare for audits
- Assign tasks, review and approve time cards for the key holders
- Collect rents and maintain tenant and unit files in accordance with regulations and in a timely manner
- Perform move-in inspections with tenants
- Review lease and house rules and with the new tenants and instruct on the use of appliances, etc.
- Perform move-out inspections
- Arrange for re-keying of front door locks
- Process security deposit refunds in a timely manner
- Process repairs quickly to ensure the unit can be re-rented as soon as possible
- Assist with periodic inspections
- Process accounts payable on a weekly basis
- Attend training classes and seminars to stay current with appropriate property required certification
- Prepare various weekly and monthly reports as required
- Work within the approved operating budget
- Process work orders by notifying maintenance staff or an outside provider of needed repairs
- Track preventive maintenance and process purchase requests and approval forms
- Check community areas and shared spaces for cleanliness and safety on a daily basis
- Maintain control of keys for apartments and common areas and assist tenants with lockouts
- Help to coordinate, through department collaboration, self-sufficiency tenant programs and activities
- Be prepared for emergencies with mapping of gas shutoff valves, water, escape routes, etc.
- Must be outgoing, relate and work well with tenants
- Must be be highly organized and have excellent communication skills
- Affordable property management experience (HUD, Rural Development, Tax Credit)
- Must be tax credit certified OR have the ability to achieve certification
- Excellent computer skills a must and experience working
- Mcode Certification or ability to obtain preferred
- Candidates must have access to a reliable vehicle, proof of insurance and valid CA driver’s license * Light lifting, walking and the ability to bend/squat for short periods of time
- Must have an understanding of HUD and housing compliance.
Pay: $15-$19/HR DOE
Hours: Monday - Friday - occasional weekends. Must be flexible if overtime is needed
If interested please apply with detailed resume to be considered.
Pridestaff - 3741 S Mooney Blvd, Visalia, CA 93277
(559) 743-4002 * firstname.lastname@example.org