Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Salary: $38K to $48K (DOE)
Date Posted: February 2, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 298017
A manufacturing and distribution company headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita is searching for an Accounts Receivable Specialist. The company offers manufacturing equipment and accessories across a wide range of industries. This individual Specialist is responsible for part of the cash management team and to respond to basic client inquiries and other clerical tasks related to maintaining the accounts receivable records for your organization. The pay is $38,000 to $48,000, based on experience. The company also offers a very competitive employee benefits package.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The AR Specialist will understand and process all Sage 100 ERP system transactions related to the sales process.
- The AR process begins with verifying the accuracy of sales order data entered, coordinating with warehouse staff to determine if the order has shipped meeting time and quantity obligations.
- Once Sales Order shipment is verified, specialist will convert sales order to an invoice, adjusting costs (i.e. freight), applying pre-paid payments to invoices, balancing and posting daily.
- The AR Specialist will understand the mechanics behind remote deposit check batching, credit card merchant account settlement reporting and reconciliation, as well as understanding treasury functions such as wire and ACH payment processes.
- The AR Specialist will then process all incoming customer payments, apply the cash to invoices, analyze any variances, (short or over pay), apply credits already on account.
- The AR Specialist will constantly review aging, and on a daily basis, call customers to collect on overdue invoices. Cash is crucial to the organization so when faced with nonpayment of invoices, the AR Specialist will have to call customers with persistent and sometimes aggressive phone calls. Timely follow up, and repetition of this process will need to be managed; including elevation to supervisors, communication to sales team that write off will affect commission payments, and placing customer on “credit hold”, until resolved.
- As part of the cash management team, the AR Specialist will be responsible for coordinating with our warehouse staff, the Accounts Payable Specialist, the Accounting Manager, the Controller and the CFO advising as to the status of the AR aging, cash expected for the day and any issues or problems with a customer’s account.
- The AR Specialist will help management develop a cash receipts forecast based on knowledge of incoming ACH payments, Credit Card settlements, incoming checks and/or wires and present to the team in daily cash management reviews.
- The AR Specialist will coordinate with warehouse daily to process RMA activity, apply customer credit to account/invoice, and disposition the inventory appropriately.
- Prepare customer statements, bills and invoices, and reconcile expenses to the general ledger
- Calculate and post receipts to appropriate general ledger accounts and verify details of transactions, such as funds received and total account balances.
- Prepare monthly receivable statements.
- Compile and sort documents, prepare and post invoices and credit and debit memos.
- Make copies of all checks, complete deposit slips and make bank deposits.
- Work with collections personnel to verify status of delinquent accounts and solicit payments on overdue accounts.
- Provide backup support to other groups in the accounting department, type periodic reports and perform other general administrative duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the field or in a related role.
- Familiar with accounting programs and software.
- Basic understanding of principles of finance, bookkeeping and accounting.
- Strong customer service skills
- Must have the ability to stay on schedule, meet deadlines and prioritize effectively.
- Must be organized.
- Problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and Team orientated to work towards the company goals.
- Accuracy in data input
- Ability to identify process improvements
- Open communication