Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Date Posted: February 15, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298038
PURPOSE (Brief, concise statement of expected results: the reason the position exists):
The Mechanical Assembler - B is responsible for completing mechanical assemblies of various Respiratory systems. Assembles products or sub-assemblies according to verbal or written instructions, or by following drawings or diagrams. Operates hand or power tools, or production equipment. Assembles various Life Support Assemblies and sub-assemblies. Performs tasks associated with repair of assemblies and sub-assemblies including taking apart and reassembling components after repairing or replacing parts.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. Vocational training preferred but not required.
0 - 2 years experience in a fast paced production and test environment or equivalent preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (These are things the candidate should possess prior to being hired, i.e., computer skills):
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot issues
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Posses a basic understanding of Production Processes (Assembly, Packaging etc.)
- Demonstrate basic to intermediate mechanical skills
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Must be able to follow directions carefully
- Ability to work between multiple programs and tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating a positive professional demeanor
- Excellent time management skills and ability to pay attention to detail
- Basic to intermediate ability to Interpret Blueprints and Schematics to Assemble and Troubleshoot Mechanical Assemblies
- Professionalism and ability to interface effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to work in a comprehensive team environment
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (List the essential functions of the position, i.e., what incumbent is required to do, not how it is done):
- Identifies sub assemblies per drawings
- Assembles and packages components in accordance with written or verbal instruction
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the assembly process.
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Maintains production equipment through proper cleaning and care
- Ensures appearance and condition standards for quality are met for end product as well as all subassemblies and components
- Uses assembly fixtures, hand tools, gauges, measuring devices, and equipment
- Builds respiratory systems and other complex sub assemblies
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
Internal: Manufacturing Engineers, Production Control Personnel, Production Assembly Personnel, Production Supervisors, Quality Inspection, Stockroom Personnel
Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee may lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The individual must have a high level of comprehension, and a high level of general, verbal, and numerical intelligence.
Works majority of the day in a climate controlled environment, with the exception of occasionally performing work in the warehouse, which is subject to moderate changes in temperature.
Temp to Hire
Shift: 1st Shift
Hours: 5:00 AM - 2:30 PM (Must be Flexible for OT)
* Must Pass Criminal Background
* Must Pass 10 Panel Drug Test
* Must Pass E-Verify