Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Date Posted: February 15, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298039
PURPOSE (Brief, concise statement of expected results: the reason the position exists):
Sets up and controls operation of single or multiple production machines for the process of rubber molding products. Operations consist of loading specific amounts of rubber in a mold, loading and removing inserts, operating the press to cure the part at a specified time and temperature, and removing the part when the cycle is completed.
High School Graduate or equivalent. Vocational training preferred but not required.
2 years rubber molding experience in a production environment or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (These are things the candidate should possess prior to being hired, i.e., computer skills):
- Analytical/Problem solving skills
- Production Processes (Rubber Molding, Milling, etc.)
- Mechanical Measurement and Instrumentation skills
- Oral and written Communication skills
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to handle multiple programs and tasks simultaneously and efficiently
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (List the essential functions of the position, i.e., what incumbent is required to do, not how it is done):
- Operates and maintains all rubber molding equipment
- Performs minor part clean up such as removal of sprues, flash, etc.
- Reads shop orders to determine press adjustments, process and material requirements to complete job
- Observes press operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction
- Performs all job duties in accordance with published procedures
- Completes other duties as directed by the Rubber Mold Supervisor
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
Internal: Production Manager, Manufacturing Engineers, Production Assembly Personnel, Quality Inspection
Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee may lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The individual must have a high level of comprehension, and a high level of general, verbal, and numerical intelligence.
Works majority of the day in a climate controlled environment, with the exception of occasionally performing work in the warehouse, which is subject to moderate changes in temperature.
Temp to Hire
Shift: 2nd Shift
Hours: 2:00 PM - 11:30 PM (Must be Flexible for OT)
* Must Pass Criminal Background
* Must Pass 10 Panel Drug Test
* Must Pass E-Verify