Pass Christian, MS
Date Posted: February 6, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298214
Industrial Forklift Operators - PrideStaff Gulfport
Forklift Operator is responsible for operating power industrial trucks for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting merchandise. They are responsible for the accurate storing, shipping and receiving of product to meet company standards of safety, security, and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Input data accurately into WMS.
- Efficiently stack and store product in appropriate area.
- Maintain an organized work area.
- Pull and prepare for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Prepare freight for operations accurately and in a timely manner as required.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.Report quality variances
- Efficiently moves product form staging and/or storage to production lines and/or staging docks.
- Proper documentation must accompany freight.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area, and assist in security of the warehouse
- Will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/ MSDS Standards.
- Participates in safety meetings.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, drum attachment, or other power equipment.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Associates must maintain an active forklift certification.
- Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as assigned.
- Change fuel tanks on forklifts as needed: participate in physical inventories; perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed
- Repair pallets when necessary, trailers, and truck bays as requested.
- Help maintain the facility to provide a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as required
Must be at least 18 years of age, willing to submit to a background check and drug screen.
PrideStaff is a staffing company that has been helping job seekers find meaningful and fulfilling work in their desired field since 1978. We do this by remembering what is most important: YOU! We focus on your desires and the type of company and employment you want to grow in, rather than directing you to the company that is most convenient for us. YOU are our partner and we never forget that.