Date Posted: February 7, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298450
Position Title: Material Control / Handler
Reports to (Position Title): Materials and Logistics Supervisor
- Aid with the manufacturing of product by means of picking and preparing materials for processing in a safe and efficient manner.
- Unload and store incoming materials in the appropriate inventory locations.
- Transfer materials from inventory to the manufacturing / processing areas using appropriate equipment and return unused materials.
- Assist the manufacturing employees with moving in process materials and finished goods.
- Maintain the inventory areas in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the incoming material inspection program, including traceability and country of origin procedures.
- Work with materials inspector to insure that all correct heat numbers and country of origin are kept legible on the material or other traceable means.
Qualifications (education, experience, skills, personal attributes):
- Experience in a steel fabrication manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows and software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with ASTM specifications and the ability to read mill certificates and vendor MTRs.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good communication skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently and be self-motivated and detail oriented
Training: Monday - Friday 7 AM - 3:30 PM
Actual shift: Monday - Friday 3:30 PM - 12:00 AM