Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298453
PrideStaff is seeking to hire someone for a Foundry Assistant position in South Akron!
Position is 3rd shift: Tuesday-Friday 8:00pm-6:30am
(Training will be on days - $14.00 per hour during training)
Pay Rate: $14.50 per hour
Foundry Assistant Job Description
Assist Pourer in preparing and pouring castings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Pourer according to established procedures (process cards.) Assist other production assistants in pulling and catching trees.
- Check for mixed alloys.
- Check trees for cracks or broken parts when moving to melter.
- Keep general area, as well as sand pit, clean. Pull coupons from first trees in lot and tags.
- Blast metal when possible.
- Load and unload ovens as necessary.
- Abide by the established Foundry working requirements (attitude, technique, housekeeping, efficiency, attendance).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- No prior experience or training.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements):
- LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional variables.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
PrideStaff wants you to Succeed! We offer the Support you need along the way!
Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people find outstanding career growth opportunities. At PrideStaff, we truly value people, and we are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with our network employers across the country. Our Recruiters will help guide you with career tools and resources. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our Field Associates that provides peace of mind as you live and work.
· Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
· Dental and Vision Plan Options
· Short-term Disability
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Holiday Pay
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. We help you find the job that best matches your skills, interests, and goals. With locally-owned offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with 3,000+ employers. You may be on a temporary assignment, but you are not temporary to us!
See what some of our Field Associates have to say:
“They don’t make you pay to search for jobs, they are searching for you"
"PrideStaff was able to find what job fit me"
“Without them I wouldn’t have the position I have now"
Work with the Best!
JOB ID: 298453