Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298454
PrideStaff is seeking to hire someone for Process Inspection for a client located in South Akron!
Position will be 1stshift: 5:30am-2:00pm Tuesday-Friday with hourly pay of $10.50 per hour
PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH HAND TOOLS, WELDING/BLENDING, VISUAL INSPECTION IS HIGHLY PREFERRED!!
Primarily responsible for various inspection operations associated with the investment casting process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must partner with the engineering, weld, and rework departments to provide customers with acceptable castings that meet both purchase order and blueprint specifications.
- Work closely with rework department, weld personnel, NDT department, customer service personnel, and engineering personnel to meet customers’ expectations and deadlines.
- Inspect all castings according to established department polices and procedures.
- Bench work involving the use of pneumatic tools to grind and debur castings
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- This hourly position may require some overtime during the week and occasionally on weekends in order to meet Manufacturing and Customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent (work experience may be considered in lieu of).
- Basic computer proficiency.
- The following would be helpful, but not required - Knowledge of Mil. Std. and AMS specifications (will be taught on the job if needed), prior inspection background, work experience in an aircraft manufacturing environment, familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel, use of pneumatic tools.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements):
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to read and understand a blueprint.
- Ability and knowledge of aerospace and military standards and specifications.
- Knowledgeable in visual casting defects.
- Capable of performing dimensional inspection using both fixtures and measuring devices.
- Ability to perform various inspection operations associated with the investment casting process.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS – Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PrideStaff wants you to Succeed! We offer the Support you need along the way!
Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people find outstanding career growth opportunities. At PrideStaff, we truly value people, and we are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with our network employers across the country. Our Recruiters will help guide you with career tools and resources. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our Field Associates that provides peace of mind as you live and work.
· Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
· Dental and Vision Plan Options
· Short-term Disability
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Holiday Pay
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. We help you find the job that best matches your skills, interests, and goals. With locally-owned offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with 3,000+ employers. You may be on a temporary assignment, but you are not temporary to us!
See what some of our Field Associates have to say:
“They don’t make you pay to search for jobs, they are searching for you"
"PrideStaff was able to find what job fit me"
“Without them I wouldn’t have the position I have now"
Work with the Best!
JOB ID: 298454