Salary: $17 per hour
Date Posted: February 22, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 298616
Assembly Technician – 10 Month Assignment
Our client is a Consumer Electronics design engineering firm located in Poway, CA. They offer technical design services for mechanical, electrical, audio, antenna, and firmware development across a broad range of device categories. They specialize in full product development services, from concept creation to quality control and supply chain support in mass production.
- Assemble electromechanical prototypes and products of medium complexity quickly and with great attention to quality and detail.
- Perform functional tests as defined by Engineering on sub-assemblies and finished products.
- Work with Engineering to develop and improve test methodologies, test fixtures and test data analysis as needed.
- Build experimental and prototype equipment, perform electrical, mechanical, and analytical tests on equipment and provide performance and manufacturability feedback to engineers and the development team.
- Accurately track part consumption and record any waste.
- Manage inventory by providing accurate counts and estimates to Operations Manager and organizing storage of excess parts and completed products.
- Pack and ship completed products.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Electronics background is still preferred but not mandatory. This is the sole assembler on the line and that will be responsible for every step on the assembly line process and will need to be able to switch tasks while staying organized and paying close attention to quality at every step.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient at soldering, including population and rework of printed circuit boards assemblies based on leaded and surface mount components.
- Basic skills in test and troubleshooting of electronic circuits with a focus on low voltage applications used in consumer electronics.
- Working knowledge and experience with common electrical bench test equipment including multimeters and oscilloscopes.
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory pertaining to analog and digital circuit designs is preferred.
- Experience with automation via tools such as Labview, Python or scripting is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to perform detailed design work both independently and collaboratively.
We are looking for the ideal candidate to start by March 5, 2018!