Salary: $15-$18/hr DOE
Date Posted: February 8, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 298687
PrideStaff, a firm specializing in recruiting for Central Oregon businesses, is seeking a Machinist to join this existing team in Bend, OR. Our client is the region's leading heavy construction equipment and hydraulics company. They supply customers with the highest quality equipment and service for new and reconditioned products. You will have access to great compensation, full health benefits, a 401(K) retirement plan and PTO. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated positive record in a team environment and someone that wants to work for a company that rewards quality of work.
- Responsible for the set up and operation of various manual machines
- Manufacturing of parts and materials to fulfill orders
- Be an expert in hydraulics products
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Follow detailed spec sheets and maintain all quality parts
- Problem solve and troubleshoot to develop new products and re-purpose existing products.
- Edit part programs and maintain part quality and tool life
- Perform all tool set up and maintenance of cutting tools
- Work with team to ensure all parts are completed correctly and timely
- Maintain work station
- Clean and maintain machine tool and work space
- Perform in process inspections using measuring devices and hand tool
- Must be interested in opportunities for wage growth and career advancement
- 3-5 years minimum experience operation manual machines
- 3-6 months minimum welding
- Knowledge of construction industry, equipment, and basic mechanics
- Proficient understanding of manufacturing tolerances
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated record of being a team player
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
Supervision: This position has direct supervision. The employee will meet periodically as needed with their supervisor to go over pertinent goals and assignments.
Basic Working Conditions: The employee must have their own method of dependable transportation and work full time during normal business hours Monday through Friday. Overtime and work on weekends may be needed. The employee must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.