San Clemente, CA
Salary: $17 to $19/hour (DOE)
Date Posted: February 9, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298852
A growing educational company in San Clemente is looking for a Billing Specialist. This individual will work on the company’s Customer Service team for their Publishing division, specializing in products that are resources for K-12 educators. It is a blend of Customer Service and Accounting and requires a high-degree of attention to detail.
This organization has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top ten places to work in Orange County. It’s a unique opportunity to work for a great company while making a difference in the world. This is a temp to hire position and the hours are Monday – Thursday, 7AM to 5PM and Friday from 7AM to 11AM. The pay is $17 to $19/hour, based on experience. Once hired by the company, you’ll be eligible for an excellent employee benefits package.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Enter product orders that were collected at workshops into company’s CRM system.
- Link orders to customer accounts, districts, and workshops.
- Process Purchase Orders from schools & districts.
- Communicate directly with customers primarily via telephone and email.
- Resolve customer questions, complaints, and problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Up-sell products and services whenever possible.
- Provide product support and recommendations for an entire product line including books, music, teacher resources, and software.
- Make outgoing calls to follow-up on sales and support-related matters.
- Accept in-bound calls and emails to assist customers.
- Document customer transactions accurately in the company’s CRM system.
- Work as part of a customer service & sales team to provide customers the highest level of service possible.
- May assist in other areas or with other teams to perform additional duties as the needs arise.
Skills / Requirements Minimum Qualifications
- High School, GED or vocational diploma; college degree is preferred.
- Minimum of one year of inside customer service, sales, and/ or accounting-related experience.
- Personable, out-going, customer-oriented, and self-motivated individual with a desire to exceed expectations while achieving accuracy, service and productivity goals.
- Ability to apply independent analytical judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to service customers, via phone or e-mail, in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have strong PC skills, with a working knowledge of Excel, Word and the other MS Office applications.
- CRM and Database experience is a plus.