Salary: $72,500 to $86,000 Depending on Skills and Qu
Date Posted: February 23, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 299112
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Our client was founded in 1988 and is the choice supplier for leading-edge companies in the medical, aerospace, defense, industrial and communication segments for electronics manufacturing services.
- Provide employees with the equipment, resources and training needed to implement changes effectively and efficiently to ensure quality.
- Ensure trust and engage employees in the problem solving process by actively listening to improvement ideas and the development of solutions.
- Proactively address new ideas, technologies, standards and processes to meet constantly evolving customer requirements.
- Work closely with Program Management as the initial technical interface for current and prospective customers. Support Program Management through the quoting process which includes the use of our DFM guidelines to ensure the most effective and cost efficient process.
- Develop efficient and effective Process Flow/Inspection plans to ensure quote integrity and the ability to validate quote data.
- Work with Program Teams to evaluate requirements and set-up process controls to meet customer, our client's and regulatory requirements.
- Write, evaluate and/or improve processes to assure understanding and compliance with specifications and requirements
- Evaluate and document risks associated with processes and product. Take actions to mitigate and monitor risks including PFMEA, Preventive Actions, etc.
- Work with Process Engineering to help evaluate capital equipment needed to support product specific requirements.
- Work with Purchasing to evaluate, select and review supplier performance.
- Evaluate materials for use as needed to ensure they meet customer, industry and regulatory expectations
- Investigate, problem solve to root cause and resolve quality issues on Production, Supplier and Customer related issues using established Vanguard processes. Review Corrective Action Effectiveness.
- Support Production with the tooling and fixtures that are essential to meet production time standards using Lean Concepts.
- Drive continuous improvement by looking for opportunities for improvement and working projects, small and large to successful completion resulting in improved performance and profits
Experience in an ISO certified, Quality controlled organization
Experience in the Medical Device and/or Aerospace and Defense industries
- Must be experienced and efficient in various Microsoft software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Learn/perform essential functions using our client's technology, equipment & programs
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams
Proven ability to initiate process improvements, apply Lean concepts and problem solving techniques
$72,500 to $86,000 Depending on Skills and Qualifications