Opa Locka, FL
Salary: $17.00-20.00 p/ hour
Date Posted: February 20, 2018
Job ID: 299123
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – FLORIDA MANUFACTURING FACILITY
The Administrative Assistant, Florida Manufacturing, primarily provides administrative support to the team of the Florida Office. The incumbent also provides administrative support to the Executive Group, including the V.P. Operations, C.E.O. and C.F.O, as necessary. Maintains a positive and supportive working relationship with all employees of the North American Team.
Reports directly to the Vice-President, Operations.
The Administrative Assistant provides a variety of Administrative and Clerical services on behalf of the Florida office staff. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Greets and directs all visitors to the Office. Answers all ringing phone lines to ensure a professional appearance to external visitors/callers. Responds to all general inquiries regarding the Company and follows up on any specific inquiries, as appropriate.
- Processes all documentation related to Office and Plant NEW HIRES, in collaboration with and/or required by, both Payroll and Human Resources.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in the handling of all employee personal information.
- Maintains hard-copy files of all employee HR/Payroll information.
- Enrolls and makes all status changes to Florida employee records and updates the company’s database, in a timely manner. Quickly follows up on any outstanding information that was either missing and/or erroneous, upon receipt.
- Acts as a ‘resource person’ to staff regarding general payroll and benefit inquiries.
- Monitors, screens and distributes all correspondence arriving into the office.
- Arranges and signs for Courier/Delivery and Taxis services.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications and presentation documents as requested by the Supervisory and Management Team.
- Manages and maintains the schedules and travel arrangements of the Executive Team, as necessary. Coordinates travel arrangement for all of the Florida personnel, as directed.
- Attends Production Meetings and other meetings. Records, transcribes and distributes Minutes of Meetings and Agendas.
- Provides a variety of Administrative functions to support all staff, such as ordering office supplies and maintaining the office filing system.
- Collaboratively works along with all employees across the North American offices to optimally achieve the goals and objectives of the Company.
- Works closely with Human Resources, Payroll and Accounting to ensure that all practices and policies are properly adhered to within the Florida office.
- Acts as a Role Model for staff. Upholds all of the Polices and Values of the Company. Promotes an environment of respect and dignity for all employees.
- Provides continuous feedback for Quality Improvement Purposes. Implements and communicates improvement processes, where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Business Degree program; preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive Administrative Assistant experience at a senior level, within a fast-paced environment, is essential.
- Previous working experience in a Manufacturing and/or Construction related industry, is preferred.
- Payroll, Accounting and/or Human Resources experience would be a definite asset.
- A working knowledge of Accounting or HRIS software, is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Business Software, specifically in WORD, EXCEL and POWERPOINT, is essential.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written English & Spanish communication skills.
- Excellent Grammatical and Proof-reading skills are essential to the role.
- Self-Discipline, Self-Awareness and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision is a requirement.
- A demonstrated attention to detail, resourcefulness, and sound judgement are essential to success.
- Able to consistently deal with all staff in a respectful and professional manner.