Salary: $35,000 to $40,000 per year
Date Posted: February 23, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 299276
Our client is the largest traction tire chain wholesaler in North America. With headquarters located in Hillsboro, OR they service the entire US with a variety of products and services.
Job Summary: Freight coordinator will oversee the transportation of inbound and outbound shipments. The Freight coordinator must understand the transportation process and the interface with business and production process, warehousing or shipping. This person will negotiate contracts with suppliers to ensure costs for transportation, loading, unloading and storage stay within company budgets and policies. Responsibilities in sales include phone sales support, customer service, and maintaining and updating customer pricing programs as well as outside sales which involves some travel.
Summary of Essential Job Function - Freight:
- Extensive knowledge of all modes of delivery, from sender to receiver.
- Knowledge of National Motor Freight Classifications.
- Schedule of shipments daily, the number of goods to be delivered and the delivery modes used.
- Responsible for understanding the process and procedures for international shipments as well as procedures for freight forwards, air, drayage, and hotshot services.
- Negotiate annual freight rates for LTL shipments, truck loads, and pup rates.
- Arrange in-bound customer pickups.
- Updates CRM database with appropriate carriers and charges.
- Approves, disputes, and monitors freight bills.
- Problem solving – analyzes shipping needs to determine the best mode of shipping based on the types of commodities shipped, time of year, and lanes traveled.
- Obtains and negotiates quotes.
- Must keep updated on the whereabouts of goods out for delivery, to inform both the receiver and sender on the status of their shipment. If there are delays, the coordinator can then inform all interested parties.
- Arrange delivery and pickup appointments based on consignee’s needs, accessorial requirements, and freight forwarders selling schedules.
- Maintain chain banks for trucking fleets. Contact to check on stock, fill as needed, and arrange for returns and repairs after the season is completed.
Summary of Essential Job Function – Sales and Pricing:
- Customer sales support – inbound phones sales support.
- Customer service – assist customer with technical support regarding specifications and recommendations for tire fitments and application.
- Travel and sales calls – Outside sales trips
- Pricing – assist Sales Manager with annual customer pricing including preparing pricing in Excel, creating flyers, letters, and correspondents.
- Prepare annual customer mailing packets with catalogs and appropriate pricing guides based on purchasing needs.
Pay rate: $35,000 to $40,000 per year
Qualifications Required: High school diploma, working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, with emphasis on spreadsheet development for managing freight and pricing programs, and strong communication skills. This person must have effective time management, critical thinking and the ability to solve complex problems effectively.