Salary: $20 to 24.80
Date Posted: March 16, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 300761
Full-Time/Direct Hire with the option to work remote after trial period.
The team member performs highly technical and specialized functions for the Central Business Office. The team member reviews, analyzes, and codes diagnostic and procedural information that determines Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance payments. The primary function of this position is to perform ICD-9-CM (soon to be ICD-10), CPT and HCPCS coding for reimbursement. The coding function is a primary source for data and information used in health care today, and promotes provider/patient continuity, accurate database information, and the ability to optimize reimbursement. The coding function also ensures compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines.
· Review electronic medical record sources and Fee Tickets for accuracy and coding compliance.
· Correctly code physician charges, procedures, evaluation and management, diagnostic testing and diagnosis using appropriate diagnosis and CPT codes.
· Assure the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician are valid and complete.
· Maintain compliance with rules and regulations regarding coding.
· Constant reviews of incoming Fee Tickets to ensure compliance standards are met.
· Ability to work within a team environment and meet monthly goals.
· Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High School education or GED required.
· Must have and maintain Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification through AAPC or must have and maintain CCA, CCS or CCS-P certification through AHIMA.
· Must have a minimum of 3 years direct coding experience and in depth Coding and HIPAA regulations for Surgery, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
· Ongoing coding guideline knowledge is required
· Advance knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations, techniques and surgical procedures
· Advance knowledge of medical codes involving selections of most accurate and description code using the ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and IHS coding conventions.
· Advance knowledge of medical codes involving selection of most accurate and descriptive code using the CPT codes for billing of third party resources
· Skill in correlating generalized observations/symptoms (vital signs, lab results, medications, etc.) to a stated diagnosis to assign the correct ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM code
· Extensive knowledge of official coding conventions and rules established by the American Medical Association (AMA), and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for assignment of diagnostic and procedural codes.
· Requires the knowledge of the business use of computer hardware and software to ensure the effectiveness and quality of the processing and presentation of data
· Strict compliance with all coding guidelines at all times.
· Working in a highly accurate and yet efficient manner.
· Strict attention to detail in both coding and EMR entries.