Salary: $15 - $18/hr DOE
Date Posted: March 5, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 301382
Human Resources Assistant
The position provides quality HR administrative support to the HR Team, clients and teammates. This support is based from the HR Team office. The HR Assistant is responsible for maintaining satisfied clients by delivering assistance and administrative support the HR Manager and clients on various projects.
- High School Diploma.
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Strong customer service skills.
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving client issues, problems including when to escalate the problem to a more senior level HR team member.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational planning skills
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Detail oriented.
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Develop and Maintain HR Compliance Knowledge
- Begins to develop a current knowledge of HR Laws and Regulations.
- Keeps abreast of new development in the HR field.
- Develops a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
- Keeps abreast of Document retention requirements.
- Track process, deadlines, and priorities of all projects.
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- Proofread HR documents including audits, marketing information, and handbooks.
- May be responsible for making meeting and travel arrangements.
- Track job transfers, promotions, terminations, new hired into appropriate tracking spreadsheets.
- Assist Pre-Employment Processes.
- Assist Talent Manager with scheduling interviews.
- Review and assist with updating current human resources forms.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Work proactively with other team members.
- Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
- Handle employee requests and deliver quality solution if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member.
- Openly share new ideas and information with other team members.
- Keep other team members apprised to avoid surprises and disappointed clients.
- Manager and Accurately Report Time.
EXPECTATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge & Expectations –Must possess the ability to work and communicate effectively with others across all levels and functions of the business.
Mental – Requires a relatively high degree of concentration intermittently; periods of mental effort and concentration followed by other aspects of the job with lesser concentration and attention requirements.
Physical – Requires walking/standing approximately 20%, sitting approximately 80% and lifting up to 30 lbs.; involves repetitive stooping, forward bending and crouching approximately 10 % of time.
Manual Dexterity – Requires the ability to operate computers, time clocks, adding machine,, copy machine, other general office equipment and to record written information.
Audible Demands – Requires ability to communicate via verbal instructions and to communicate with outside sources and internal departments in person and via telephone.
Visual – Requires the ability to read written instructions, correspondence and other documentation as well as operate office equipment such as computers and printers.
Environmental – Requires capability of performing essential job functions in an established office environment under normal lighting and climate control tolerances, with some exposure to plant or field environments with the presence of dust, fumes, noise, and fluctuating temperatures due to lack of climate control.
Pay: $15 - $18/hr DOE