Salary: $ 19.23
Date Posted: March 8, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 302100
A successful travel company in Agoura is looking to add an
Air Reservation Specialist
This position is primarily responsible for booking the lowest and the most convenient air ticket, running reports, ensuring that all charges are accurate and communicating timely with a great customer service level.
- Secure air reservations using airline block space or free sell and adhere to all cost guidelines.
- Work assigned sailings for airline schedule changes, booking, and ticketing.
- Monitor air travel reservations for accuracy and cost guidelines, and adjust as needed for changes, cancellations, and final ticketing.
- Interact with internal departments and customers as necessary for coordination of air reservations.
- Assist with interrupted services in instances of trip delay, weather, and delayed ship.
- Oversees air deviations including requests for specific airlines, flights, and dates.
- Assist with corporate and crew booking and ticketing when necessary.
- Generate air tickets.
- Research and resolve debit memo issues.
- Oversee ticket refunds and lost ticket applications.
- Assist with training co-workers.
- Assists with other duties assigned by Supervisor, Director or Vice President.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); and Sabre.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
- Excellent judgment and discretion, ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognizes problems, identifies possible causes, and resolves routine problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients, and customers.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends.
- At least two years of experience preferred.
- Knowledge of world geography.
- Familiar with airline policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Carrier Reservation System (CRS), CRS’ printers, basic understanding of Airline Reporting Corporation (ARC) and/or International Association of Travel Agents Network (IATAN)
- CRS and I/I printer functions
- Ability to correspond.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.