Farmers Branch, TX
Date Posted: March 22, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 302636
PrideStaff Financial has partnered with a client in North Dallas on their Payroll Administrator opportunity, and we are considering candidates immediately!
This is a temp to hire position with starting salary at $45K.
Summary: This position is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of biweekly payroll and accompanying reports for hourly and salaried associates, for store locations across 32 states.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for over 1,000 employees; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Responsible for the coordination of efforts between payroll, human resources, accounting, and store locations to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation and distribution of reports: labor reports, overtime, vacation and sick time, head count, and 401k contribution).
- Administration of the company’s ADP electronic timekeeping system:
- Monitor submission of approved timecards, and follow up with managers to ensure all timecards are completed within necessary payroll deadlines.
- Upload weekly employee hours worked vacation/sick/holiday time into the HRIS.
- Update employee access to ezLabor as necessary (password resets; department transfers; allocation of “floating” employees’ hours).
- Serve as point-of-contact for all employees using the time system.
- Adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service.
- Administration of the company’s point-of-sale system, which tracks employee incentive earnings:
- Import weekly incentive earnings from RNET; upload into the payroll system and audit for any errors.
- Maintain correct employment status (active; FT/PT; leave of absence; terminated) within the RNET system, so that incentives are calculated correctly.
- Employee Record Maintenance
- Review submitted changes for proper authorization and adherence to policy including compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Process all employee pay, tax, and status changes accurately and within payroll deadlines.
- Process all employee terminations within multiple systems, following correct procedures to ensure:
- compliance with relevant state law regarding final pay;
- compliance with COBRA laws;
- compliance with applicable state laws and company policy regarding vacation and/or sick pay.
- Respond to payroll-related calls and emails from stores, giving accurate information and using discretion and positive communication. Emphasis on customer service principles to best serve all internal and external customers.
- Assist with VOEs (Verifications of Employment) as necessary.
- Assist with department projects as necessary (new systems implementations; periodic audits; insurance open enrollment, etc).
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field.
- Three or more years in a payroll department performing all payroll functions (three additional years’ of specific payroll experience in lieu of associate’s degree).
- Multi-state payroll experience required.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- FPC and/or CPP certification(s) preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion regarding employee pay rates and general employment status information.
- Customer-friendly attitude and approach.
- Excellent problem-solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy. ability to think through payroll situations and recommend best course of action.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system.
- MS Excel - Intermediate level or higher.