Date Posted: April 25, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 305181
Client in Visalia area is seeking a skilled Electrical-Mechanical Debug Technician.
The Debug Technician will take lead in assembling, testing and debugging company equipment and components during the project debugging and assembly phase. You will also support company quality and standard initiatives to ensure that company equipment is prepared according to company standards and customer specifications.
- Plan and perform a sequence of work to install, repair, and maintain a wide variety of custom, automated packaging equipment.
- Move and install new machinery, level and debug.
- Troubleshoot packaging equipment and determine extent of repair necessary, disassemble, replace or repair parts or construct new parts, reassemble, test and adjust.
- Assemble basic parts or units and attach units to assembly, sub-assembly, or frame, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Perform all machine and bench operations required to construct replacement parts or to recondition worn or defective parts.
- Utilizes working knowledge and experience in the areas of VFDs (Variable frequency drives), Motors/Wiring configurations, PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers), Computers, Electrical Schematics, and Control Circuits.
- Work with blueprints, drawings, layout, written or verbal instructions.
- Learn and support company quality and standards requirements to ensure that company equipment is prepared according to company and customer specifications.
- Report faulty equipment, defective material and unusual conditions to Manager.
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Proper setup and careful operation of tools and equipment to prevent damage or loss.
- Proper maintenance to prevent damage or loss.
- High School/GED diploma required. Associate’s Degree/Certification in a related field desired.
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical troubleshooting, preferably of industrial equipment.
- 1+ years of experience in basic electrical. Experience in electrical industrial equipment troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings and schematics. Experience using hand and power tools.
- Basic Math Skills required.
- Basic knowledge of PLC’s & AC/DC drives desired, but not required.
- Working knowledge of electronic controls and packaging machinery desired, but not required.
- Ability to regularly exercise good judgment, meet deadlines, and complete work accurately.
- Proficient communication skills and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform duties readily under own initiative and with others in a team-based environment.
- Ability to follow workplace protocol to ensure a healthy, safe, and organized environment.
- Flexibility to work overtime depending on production schedule.
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped spaces.
- Physical effort that may include the lifting of supplies and materials that weigh up to 40 pounds.