Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 per hour DOE
Date Posted: July 17, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 305239
One of our best clients is seeking CNC Lathe Machinists!! This is a great career opportunity!! Experienced CNC Lathe Machinist needed for a team oriented environment that has a quick turn around process.
Join a team that specializes in creating unique or difficult to fabricate components by coupling the efficiency of CNC Machining, Turning and Waterjet Machining with the inherent high precision of CNC Wire & Ram EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining). With over 20 years in business, we have manufactured production quantities of fabricated assemblies and complex precision parts for all industries. Tolerances of +/- .0001" (.0025 mm) are achieved by many of our skilled associates operating in our climate-controlled 31,500 sq. ft. facility. We have fabricated many precision, complex machined parts that other facilities have claimed “can’t be made!”
- Set up and operate CNC lathe equipment (manual tooling; does not have live tooling).
- Load parts, proving tapes, cycle machines, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, and inspection of quality parts for conformance to production requirements.
- Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Select proper tools and ensure efficient machining production.
- Work collaboratively with other CNC Programmer(s), machinists, and supervisor.
- Monitor output and proper operation of mechanical equipment.
- Recommend and make mechanical adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quantity and quality requirements. Follow and consistently maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Use precision measuring instruments including micrometers and calipers, and fixtures and gauges to check work. Adhere to company quality and rework standards and expectations.
- Understand and apply company quality policy and objectives. Complete quality inspections and collect data for reporting.
- Make recommendations and support approved quality and process improvement procedures.
- Carry out other duties reasonable within capability as requested by Manager.
Position is based in Poway and starts immediately. Pay up to $25.00 per hour DOE.