Date Posted: May 16, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 310794
The Packer/ General Labor employee will work under the direction of the Production Manager.
The Packer will be responsible for keeping production lines moving efficiently.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Food Manufacturing experience and knowledge of basic GMPs a must.
· Follow InHarvest Safety and Accident Prevention Rules & help remind other co-workers of Safety Rules when needed.
· Perform visual and physical product inspections, assuring quality products.
· Washing and drying of packaging containers and utensil.
· Rework product as needed.
· Assemble assortment packs or repacks.
· Complete Production paperwork as required.
· Label application
· Taping or folding of cartons, chipboards or packaging related materials or items.
· Stacking finished products on pallets, etc.
· Hand filling equipment or machines with products as needed.
· Assisting in setup of line equipment etc.
· Keep area clean at all times. Sweeping, dusting, mopping, washing of machinery in the packaging area and warehouse area.
· Isolate any product which will not meet InHarvest quality standards or may cause a food safety hazard. Notify Production Manager.
· Able to identify safety hazards and notify production supervisor/ line leader.
· “Clean as you go”: Following GMP’s & sweep spilled product from floors immediately
· Perform all work in accordance with company standards and established safety procedures.
· Demonstrates positive and a can-do attitude, confidence, endurance and constructively handle conflicts.
· Work alongside others or independently to complete projects
· Any production improvements from this crew to be presented to the Production Supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a person experienced and/or ability in the following:
· Good communication skills relating to employees
· Basic knowledge of GMP’s, Organic Handling Procedures, Allergen Control Program, Food Plant Security, Glass and Hard Plastic, and Safety programs.
· Dependable and flexible to rotate shifts/ availability to work overtime when needed.
· Disciplined work style towards tasks; a flexible style towards people
· Able to stand for extended periods of timed as required
· Able to work in fluctuating working temperatures depending on the season
· Current FLT certificate is preferred, but not required
· Ability to follow instructions
Character is important. We value the following in our employees:
· Strong work ethic
· Problem solving and Critical thinking skills
· Detail Oriented and Organized
· Ability to handle stressful situations with a positive attitude
· Good people skills/ Team Player
For a candidate to successfully fill the role above, we have determined the minimum requirements of education, language skills, mathematical skills, reasoning ability, physical demands, and work environment to be as follows:
- High school diploma or GED (general education degree); or minimum three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic language skills: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of organization.
- Minimum mathematic skills: ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
- Intermediate reasoning skills: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram from. Ability to deal with problem involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical demands: the job will require
- Standing: over 2/3 of the shift
- Walking: over 1/3 of shift
- Sitting: under 1/3 of shift
- Use of arms, hands and fingers to reach, handle and feel: over 2/3 of shift
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, knee, crouch, crawl: under 1/3 of shift
- Talk and hear: over 2/3 of shift
- Lifting from 10-25 pounds: over 2/3 of shift
- Lifting up to 50 pounds: over 2/3 of shift
- Vision: close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, ability to adjust focus
- Environment: Work near moving mechanical parts, and airborne particles (dust): over 2/3 of shift
- Work in high places: under 1/3 of shift
- Loud noise
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, working during normal business hours. Additional OT hours may be required as directed by Manager.