New Berlin, WI
Date Posted: May 29, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 311556
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
PrideStaff, a National Staffing System is currently looking for a skilled Industrial Sewing Machine Operator. This Associate must have a keen eye for detail!
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Sew material according to product specifications.
- Operate all industrial sewing machines including single needle.
- Make minor machine adjustments.
- Meet QC standards in sewing operations.
- Perform routine machine maintenance.
- Flip completed covers.
- Maintain daily log on completed work.
- Maintain weekly sewing production percentage above 90%.
- Log cutting errors, such as too long, notches not cut, etc
- Monitor and stock work area with Velcro, buckles, zippers, zipper pulls and common loop.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards. Maintain 5’S Program.
- Assist in other departments, as needed, to ensure products are completed on time.
- Maintain Kanban System
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Prior industrial sewing experience preferred.
- Experience working with Juki sewing machines preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Ability to read, write, and understand instruction detail written and communicated in English.
- Good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees and supervisor.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.)
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to sit regularly and stand frequently. The incumbent will regularly talk and listen. Frequently reach above shoulders. He/she will regularly, use arms, use hands, use feet, handle or touch, stoop, kneel, and move from place to place. The employee must be able to lift/move up to 20 lbs regularly. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with vinyl and is occasionally exposed to a product containing fiberglass. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefits package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy, and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!