Salary: $50,000 to $55,000 annually. Depending on ski
Date Posted: September 19, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 312168
Production Supervisor: Powder Coat Department
Our client, located in Hillsboro, Oregon since 1977, is now one of North America’s fastest growing equipment manufacturers. They use the Japanese concept in manufacturing which is based on the concept of “Kaizen” or “constant improvement.” They have dared to be different with our two brand strategies of Affordable Excellence and Designer Friendly.
Manages and directs production activities for the assigned team(s) and/or build areas. The Supervisor will coordinate the production of equipment and/or components on the line including training, employee coaching/performance evaluation, monitoring and achieving on-time delivery targets and ensuring products meet all quality standards, as outlined by the Quality Management System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Build Knowledge & Proficiency
- Fully proficient in every work station on the product line assigned.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring and setting pace to meeting daily and weekly demand.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, resolving problems and reporting results.
- Works with teams to improve product flow and productivity.
- Communicates job expectations to team members including planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provides coaching, counseling and implements progressive discipline policy and employee performance evaluation process.
- Initiates and fosters a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending action.
- Builds product as needed to support Production goals, following all build processes and standard work procedures in terms of accuracy and quality.
- Performs basic functional testing on assigned product line.
Paperwork & Processes
- Has excellent understanding of processes and procedures and translates and trains employees to meet standards. Ensures that all employees are following policies and procedures.
- Fully understands the paperwork for each build including the work order, config sheet, and bill of material. Correctly makes adds and deletes and completes all transaction paperwork accurately.
- Fully understands test processes and completes all paperwork accurately.
- If assigned, completes paperwork for Installation Assembly, Outgoing Inspection and Sales Order Clarifications.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms accurately; complying with all policies and procedures.
- Follows all processes and procedures related to the materials system including the Kanban system, production order process and Lean processes.
- Exceeds productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
- Stays focused and on task in spite of distractions and interruptions.
- Makes the best use of available time and resources.
- Sets pace and performance standards for each product line.
- Assures that internal and outgoing quality of products meets customer expectations based on customer order and order configuration documentation, including cosmetic quality, features and functions.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Follows quality standards as outlined by the Quality Management System.
- Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Checks parts for accuracy before starting build (i.e. silkscreen and PC).
- Alerts lead/supervisor of non-conformities.
- Seeks clarification for conflicting or confusing paperwork, instructions, etc.
- Checks others work for consistency and accuracy and gives feedback.
- Ensures that final product meets standards.
- Works with Line Support, Engineering and Production Manager to set quality standards and train floor personnel on changes or clarifications.
- Able to identify and use the tools required for the build in a safe and effective way.
- Make recommendations for new tools to improve product flow.
- Approves tool request forms.
- Ensure compliance with workplace safety programs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all procedures, rules and regulations.
- Uses proper lifting techniques and follows safe work procedures at all times.
- Develops training materials.
- Orientates and trains new employees including providing timely feedback and evaluating employee’s progress.
- Cross-train teams members for maximum production flexibility and maintains the cross-training matrix for each product line.
- Able to work in each product line assigned and provide training for new employees and additional labor during absences to ensure team stays on pace.
Skills & Abilities
- Good communication and training skills, with the ability to explain written and oral procedures in English.
- Ability to read and comprehend written procedures in English. Beginning to intermediate business writing.
- Understands and can clearly explain Lean Manufacturing principles and processes utilized.
- Ability to suggest continual improvements to team output in accordance with these principles and procedures.
- Excellent time management practices.
- Maintains focus on customer in all tasks and guides department to maintain customer focus
Education & Experience
- 2 to 5 years of supervisory experience in an industrial environment or related field, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Previous experience in a lead or supervisory role.
- Experience working and/or implementing LEAN manufacturing processes preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Supervisory: 2 years
Pay Rate: $50,000 to $55,000 annually. Depending on skills and experience