Salary: $60k to $85k Based on skills and experience.
Date Posted: June 18, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 312589
Our client is locally owned and operated. Established in 1949, has grown into a regional and national industrial equipment supplier, providing a combination of value added technical services, engineering, consultation, and quality products to a variety of markets. They provide mission-critical equipment to a wide variety of industries including Fortune 500 companies.
As a Systems Administrator, you’ll be collaborating with other team members to provide configuration and maintenance of servers, as necessary, to ensure stability, integrity and operational availability of the in-house data, cell phone, and wireless network services. This position focuses on both Windows and Linux systems. Strong Linux experience and skills is absolutely required.
- Day-to-day hardware and software support for our staff
- Support system administration staff on network/software fixes and new implementations
- Setup and maintain VPN connections both for branch offices and remote users
- Implement new network monitoring systems
- Troubleshoot client/server application issues
- Plan and implement backup and recovery procedures
- Manage Microsoft Active Directory
- Configure and support Windows and Linux servers
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Proven working experience in Windows Server, Exchange Server, and Terminal Services.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7
- Candidate must be comfortable with different software packages for backups and anti-virus
- Able to troubleshoot problems in new environments
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and interact well with clients is crucial
- Night and weekend work is occasionally needed
- Working Knowledge of firewalls, routers, port forwarding, DHCP, DNS and Active Directory (Prefered)
- Experience with network firewall and routing equipment. (WatchGuard and Cisco is a plus)
- Bachelor Degree desired
- Minimum of Associates Degree in IT related field or appropriate experience
- 3+ years experience in Linux system administration
- 3+ years’ experience in Windows system administration
- Customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Sense of humor
BENEFITS : regular training, favorable work environment, generous profit sharing, 401K, full medical and dental coverage, paid vacation and sick leave, life insurance, uniforms and cell phone.
Target Pay Range: $60k to $85k Based on skills and experience.