Salary: $65k to $80k Depending on Skills and Experien
Date Posted: July 16, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 312595
Our client is locally owned and operated. Established in 1949, has grown into a regional and national industrial equipment supplier, providing a combination of value added technical services, engineering, consultation, and quality products to a variety of markets. They provide mission-critical equipment to a wide variety of industries including Fortune 500 companies.
Our client manufactures industrial air compressors, vacuum pumps, and control systems. Each machine sold is considered a unique project. The project engineer works as a member of the engineering team and is assigned to a variety of projects. You will be responsible for receiving information from sales and the customer, then preparing necessary drawings, bill of materials, production instructions, and inspection and test forms, in order to provide a machine that meets the expectation of the end user. This new position is an addition to the team driven by growth within the company.
- Engineering degree preferred: BS E.E. or M.E.
- Minimum 1 year CAD experience
- Experience in design for assembly
- Mechanical and electrical system aptitude
- Native Mandarin Language is highly desired
- Prepare 3D models of assemblies using existing 3D parts from libraries. Create 3D model for new parts as necessary. Check dimensions of parts, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to entire project. Visually compare design of assembly and other equipment, matching coordinating points for accuracy of fit and to avoid interferences.
- Prepare general assembly drawings showing dimensions and service connection details.
- Prepare electrical control schematics and panel layouts. Panels may include motor starters, VFDs, PLCs, HMI’s, control relays, and instrumentation.
- Prepare basic P & ID drawings showing flow paths for air, lubrication, and cooling. Detail control components and instrumentation.
- Coordinate with Sales for insure that the project meets the customer’s requirements.
- Prepare Bills of Materials for purchasing, as needed, for complete assemblies as drawn.
- Prepare detailed build instructions for production as necessary. Support production teams to insure that they have complete and accurate information to complete each project efficiently.
- Prepare Test and Inspection documents.
Target Pay Rate: $65k to $80k depending on skills and experience
Full Benefits package; 401k matching funds, Healthcare, PTO, etc.