Date Posted: January 14, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 314373
Maintenance Technician - 2nd shift:
Hours - Monday thru Thursday, 4:30PM to 3:00AM; subject to mandatory overtime
5+ years experience in Manufacturing environment, strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience & HVAC.
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment – primarily pipe welding, cutting, grooving and threading equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
1. Mechanical aptitude.
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Ethical Conduct.
4. Communication Proficiency.
5. Results Driven.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- An Associate’s Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and creative skills required
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities independently.
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills required
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work mandatory overtime required.
- Detail oriented and organizational
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (i.e. Word, and particularly Excel.)
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to “think outside the box”. The fabrication department is a highly creative and innovative department.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems on a strategic and tactical level.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values
Candidates must pass a PrideStaff background check and drug screen, and must provide two professional job references.
Staffing Done Right!
PrideStaff has won multiple Best of Staffing Awards for our great relationships with candidates. Our candidates consistently rank us as one of the top staffing agencies in the country. Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people find outstanding career growth opportunities. At PrideStaff, we truly value people, and we are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with our network employers across the country. Our Recruiters will help guide you with career tools and resources. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our Field Associates that provides peace of mind as you live and work.
· Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
· Dental and Vision Plan Options
· Short-term Disability
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Holiday Pay
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. We help you find the job that best matches your skills, interests, and goals. With locally-owned offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with 3,000+ employers. You may be on a temporary assignment now, but you are not temporary to us! We want to be your life-long talent agent.
See what some of our Field Associates have to say:
“They don’t make you pay to search for jobs, they are searching for you"
"PrideStaff was able to find a job that fit me"
“Without them I wouldn’t have the position I have now"
Work with an agency committed to being your long term partner in staffing.
Work with PrideStaff!
Apply today by calling (330) 510-5700.
Or visit: www.pridestaff.com/akron for a list of this job and many others.