Salary: $90,000 to $110,000
Date Posted: December 14, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 319504
Some people just enjoy being “the first” at something. The first to arrive, the first to try something new, or the first to achieve something.
These people recognize the possibilities that being the first up to bat gives them, when they’re working with a clean white-board slate. The “first” to arrive know that these possibilities offer success.
If you want to be the first on the scene and you’re looking for the next step in your career, look no further! This organization is shopping for their first Controller and, if you want to be the first in line for this incredible opportunity, all you need to do is submit your resume!
To succeed in this exciting role, you’ll need expertise in Accounting and Finance, at least 5 years of experience, and strong leadership skills. We want those “hands-on” leaders to guide the accounting team and collaborate across all areas of this global company.
As the Controller, you will be responsible for all the accounting and financial activities of the company, including preparing reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and cash flow; based on past, present and expected operations.
- Financial Statements - you will prepare financial statements under US GAAP and Ind-AS reporting requirements on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis. Preparation and reporting of monthly profit and loss account, operating cash flow, balance sheet, variance analysis of budget v/s actual with reasons and correcting measures, and other MIS requirements in consultation with management
- Banking and Treasury—Work closely with local bankers for meeting day-to-day banking requirements, authorizations, deployment of funds
- Taxation—Work closely with tax consultants to comply with corporate and indirect tax laws
- Costing and Budgeting—Monitoring budget and product costing, work on standard operating procedures (SOPs), improvements in internal procedures and guidelines to create a transparent product cost structure to support cost tracking, cost analysis, and reporting.
- Commercial—Work closely with President/CEO on commercial terms, costing, pricing decisions
- Systems—Lead an accounting and ERP system selection process, migration and implementation
- Budget and Business plan—Prepare financial budget and business plan in collaboration with President/CEO
- Audit—Responsible to get financial statements audited from external auditors on a yearly basis and limited review on a quarterly basis
- 5 to 7 years of combined experience (2 to 4 years’ experience as a Finance Lead or Controller), Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or similar designation is a plus
- Willingness to travel to support financial/commercial business partnering
- Ability to manage and train a small team
- Experience coordinating and completing external audit processes
If this opportunity made you sit up and pay attention, submit your resume today! We’d love to talk to you.