Salary: $90,000 to $110,000
Date Posted: October 17, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 319504
Our client has obtained our services to recruit qualified candidates for the Controller position. For them, this means avoiding many of the obstacles to finding good candidates. For you, this means having a recruiting firm at your service which prides itself on its direct and honest approach to placing candidates within positions that meet their needs. This position is Full-Time and Direct Hire.
The Controller is responsible for all accounting operations within the company, including the creation of financial transactions, production of periodic financial and operating reports, maintenance of accurate accounting records, and maintenance of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. This means, we need someone with 10+ years of experience in accounting or finance who is ready to step up to the plate and take ownership of this position. We need someone with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment, who looks at this position as an opportunity to hone their skills and improve the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
If you have the experience we’re looking for, you should have an idea of the essential responsibilities that come with this position, but we’ve listed a few of them below for a refresher.
- Oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions, ensuring healthy financial management across the organization
- Ensure credibility of the finance function by providing timely and accurate analyses of budgets and financial trends
- Manage and minimize the company’s financial risk exposure by developing and maintaining systems of internal controls
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs, strategies and regulatory action
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities, and provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Develop, lead and maintain a high-performance team
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Process semi-monthly billing and payroll in a timely manner to ensure accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and all reasonable discounts are taken; comply with 1099 reporting requirements
- Manage the company’s benefits package for all employees, including eligibility determination, enrollment, reporting, and compliance with ACA
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual 401k audit
Educational & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in accounting or finance
- Strong analytical skills and experience translating a strategic vision into an operational model
- Demonstrable passion for Home Instead Senior Care’s mission, company values and culture
If you’ve read this entire ad and you feel like this is the opportunity for you, apply today and send us your resume. We’d love to have a conversation with you.