Salary: $75,000 to $95,000 Depending on Skills and Ex
Date Posted: March 18, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 322850
Lead Designer/Job Captain: Commercial Construction
Our client designs, creates and executes a wide range of office and commercial space projects. Known for Creative and corporate workspace design, strategy and consulting. They create inspiring and exciting workspace in the Portland market. Their team is looking for a lead designer to help us create amazing spaces. Locally owned and operated the principles are natives and have lived in our great city all of their lives. Their clients consistently experience Residential project level customer service in a Commercial Construction project. They are looking for a strong Designer who can embrace their core values and provide their clients with experiences that delight them with delivered quality!
This is a direct hire opportunity working for a great company!
Lead, coordinate and manage design development process both internally and externally (clients)
Duties and responsibilities
- Create, lead and manage the project design development from needs analysis through to construction documents and permitting.
- Coordinating/working with clients, construction project managers, estimators, architects and drafters to produce designs and full construction documentation on time and on within budget.
- Verify design & construction documents for accuracy, feasibility
- Create inspiring spaces for Clients and sell the design.
- Assemble Client presentations
- Finish and fixture selections and specifications
- Occasional business development networking and relationships
- Manage and oversee in-house and freelance drafters
- Exceptional communication skills
- At least 5 + years’ experience in commercial interior design.
- Related education and degree.
- You’re a team player.
- Real interest in company growth.
- Dedicated, diligent, organized.
- Excellent sales skills, influential, exciting, enthusiastic, social
- The nature of this job requires flexible hours at times depending on the workload.
- Must be available 5 days a week (mon-fri) in the office.
- The regular hours are 7am to 4 pm. There is some flexibility on schedule
Freelance and in-house drafters / rendering artist / space planners / junior interior designers.
Target Pay Range: $75k to $95k Depending on Skills and Experience