Date Posted: April 19, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 324362
Production Machine Operator
Founded in 1987, our client produces rubber extrusion, rubber moldings, gaskets, and hydroelectric gate seals for both government and private industries of all types. They can fabricate rubber parts in almost any size, shape, or quantity as needed. Functioning primarily as a "job shop' most production runs are of limited quantity and the position offers a lot of diversity in the product manufactured from day to day.
Perform all tasks involved in the production of our clients products as trained and assigned. Operates production equipment such as Extruder, Molding presses, Cutting presses, Splice presses, Drill press and Water jet. This includes proficiency in general operation knowledge, preventative maintenance, and set-up. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strong candidates will be able to quickly grasp the principles of and run the following machinery, procedures and processes.
- Extruder: General knowledge of set-up, run and preventative maintenance.
- Molding Press: Basic knowledge of operation
- Cutting Press: Basic operation
- Splice Presses: Basic operation and set up.
- Drill Press
- Angle Grinder
- Associates will need to detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions.
- Perform quality evaluations throughout shift.
- Manage materials and optimize efficiency
- Be able to read and follow instructions
- Record production data as directed
- Maintain workspace in an organized and clean fashion
- Participate in Safety meetings as required
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as simple drawings, safety rules, work instructions, and routines.
- Willingness to ask questions and communicate openly with superiors and peers. Basic Math Skills: calculate mathematical functions in metric and imperial.
- Add and subtract fractions and decimals and convert between the two.
- Must be able to read a ruler and utilize calipers.
- 1st shift 6:00am-2:30pm - $16.50/hr